Total Pageviews

Friday, May 2, 2014

“Don’t worry, you will pass!”


BY PANCHANATHAN SURESH on APRIL 29, 2014
This is the story of my father Shri.V.Venkataraman’s divine experience with mahaperiava. He has narrated an event that happened to him when he was 11 or 12 years old way back in 1954 or 1955. During the summer when my father was studying 5th or 6th standard in P.S High school in Mylapore, his father (my grand father Shri Vaidhyanathan) arranged for his son’s upanayam. Since he could not do the poonal all by himself due financial strain, he wanted to take his son to Kanchi mutt, where there were arrangements made for samashti upa nayanam for young boys.

My father was taken to sankara madam in the summer of that year, even before appearing for his annual exams that year. The dates of upanayanam and exams clashed and so he could not write few exams as he had to be in kanchipuram for the ceremony. After all the ceremony of upanayanam was over, he was happy on one hand that he had his brammopadesam done by Periava Himself, but on the other hand he was worried about repeating the same class in the school next year.

On the day when they started from mutt, Periava saw my father who was looking worried and asked him the what he wanted. My father only said that he wanted to pass his exam that year. Periava blessed him sayingm “Don’t worry you will pass!”. My father very innocently asked him, “How will i pass? I did not write few exams as I came here”. Maha Periava smiled at the young boy and said, “Go, you will pass”!

After few days of his arrival at Madras, his results said that he has failed and he must attend the same class that year. My father was very much worried and went to the school on the reopening day. What A Surprise!!!! Something unbelievable happened….. During the holidays, a founder member of the school had passed away and on his death the principal had ordered not to fail any child in the school to pay respect to the soul that had departed. So my father was promoted to the next class. 

CAN HIS WORDS GO FALSE? Now my father has retired from Indian Bank and is happy to share this experience with every one of you in this forum!

No comments:

Post a Comment