• 1.5 cup long grained rice
• 1.5 cups grated raw mango
• 4 tbsp kaju/Badam
• Salt to taste
• 1.5 tsp mustard seeds
• 1/2 tsp asafoetida powder
• 4 red chillies
• 1 green chilly
• 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
• 1/2 cup grated coconut
• 3 tbsp oil
• 1 tsp mustard seeds
• 1 tsp urad dhal
• 1 tsp channa dhal
• 1 red chilly (cut into 4 pieces)
• A few curry leaves
• 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves, Fresh Mint Leaves and saffron Strands soaked in Milk
• Grind the ingredients for the masala to a fine paste, adding half the grated mango.
Heat 3 tbsp oil; add all the ingredients for seasoning.
When mustard seeds splutter, add the peanuts.
When the dhal and peanuts turn golden, add the remaining grated mango.
Cook for a few minutes on a medium heat till the mango is done.
Add ground masala and cook till the raw smell disappears.
Remove from heat and set aside.
Once the masala is cooked, cook the rice 85% strain and keep aside.
In a deep Vessel put the masala, top it up with the rice pour the saffron cover with lid and cook for 10 min in Oven, to give dum.
Garnish the mango rice with the finely chopped coriander leaves and it's ready to serve.