Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

“Don’t worry, you will pass!”

Experiences with Maha Periyava: “Don’t worry, you will pass!”
This is the divine experience of my father, 

Sri.V.Venkataraman with Sri Maha Periyava. He has narrated an event that happened to him when he was

 11 or 12 years old, way back in 1954 or 1955.During the summer when my father was studying 5th or 6th standard in P.S High school in Mylapore, his father (my grand father Sri. Vaidhyanathan) arranged for his son's upanayanam.

 Since he could not do the upanayanam all by himself due to financial strain, he wanted to take his son to Kanchi Mutt, where there were arrangements made for samashti upanayanam for young boys. 

My father was taken to Sankara Matham in summer that year, even before appearing for his annual exams that year. The dates of upanayanam and exams clashed and so he could not write a few exams as he had to be in Kanchipuram for the ceremony. After all the rituals of the upanayanam were over, he was happy on one hand that he had had his brammopadesam done by Sri Maha Periyava himself but on the other hand he was worried about repeating the same class in the school next year. 

On the day when they started from the Mutt, Periyava saw my father who was looking worried and asked him what he wanted. My father only said that he wanted to pass his exam that year. Periyava blessed him saying, ”Don't worry you will pass”. My father very innocently asked him, “How will I pass? I did not write a few exams as I came here”. Maha Periyava smiled at the young boy and said, “Go. You will pass”. After a few days of his arrival at Madras, his results said that he had failed and that he must attend the same class that year. 

My father was very worried and went to school on the reopening day. What a surprise!!!! Something unbelievable happened..... During the holidays, a founder member of the school had passed away and on his death, the principal had instructed the teachers not to fail any child in the school in order to pay respect to the soul that had departed. So my father was promoted to the next class!

Can His words ever go false?

Author: Smt Sudha Sridharan
Source: periva proboards

No comments:

Post a Comment