Low-density lipoprotein (LDL cholesterol) promotes the occurrence of atherosclerosis and is a major risk factor for coronary heart disease. Lowering serum LDL cholesterol levels is a primary objective for high cholesterol treatment. Here are 7 foods to eat to lower LDL cholesterol naturally.
1. A bowl of oatmeal for breakfast. Eating a bowl of oatmeal at breakfast for 8 weeks can make bad blood cholesterol concentration decreased by 10% and increase good cholesterol levels. Oat is rich in soluble and insoluble dietary fiber, it prevents the absorption of cholesterol and fat, thereby lowering cholesterol and reducing fat.
2. Eggplant is a vegetable that can lower cholesterol, and people eat it regularly in the summer season. Eggplant contains nutrients such as protein, carbohydrates, vitamins, calcium, phosphorus and so on. Regular consumption of eggplant can reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol and enhance the resilience of capillaries. The walls of the the blood vessels relax allowing an improvement in blood flow. These positive effects were due to nasunin (a free radical scavenger) and terpene phytonutrients (plant derived nutrients) in eggplant.
3. Eat 3 cloves of garlic at dinner. Eat 3 cloves of garlic a day for as long as 8 weeks, and you can make the concentration of bad cholesterol in the blood drop by 10%. It doesn't matter if it raw or cooked garlic, both have a cholesterol lowering effect. The sulfur compounds in garlic can inhibit liver cholesterol synthesis which can achieves the cholesterol lowering effect.
4. Eat half of an onion a day. Onion is an inexpensive health food. If you eat half of a raw onion a day for as long as 8 weeks then you can make the good blood cholesterol increase by about 20% and reduce bad cholesterol and fatty acid glyceride.
5. Apples are rich in pectin and are good for lowering cholesterol.
6. Eat half a bowl of beans at lunch. Eating half a bowl of beans every day for as long as 8 weeks can decrease bad cholesterol by 20%. Soy foods contain a variety of cholesterol-lowering active ingredients.
7. Eat steamed salmon twice a week. Salmon contains high amount of omega-3 fatty acids. The healthiest way to eat salmon is to steam it. Eat steamed salmon 2 times a week, and after 8 weeks the body's good cholesterol will increase by 10%.