Total Pageviews

Friday, October 10, 2014

Experiences with Maha Periyava: Automobile engineer shares his experience

I am an automobile engineer and work in a private company in Chennai. This incident happened in the year 2005 when I was travelling back to Chennai from Kumbakonam. I had gone there for summer vacation with my family. We visited our relatives and we also had plans to visit all the temples in Kumbakonam.

Our return tickets were booked for 24th of May at 8.00 am. It was absolute happiness to visit the holy places as it was my long-time dream to visit the temple city of Tamilnadu.

We went to Kumbeswarar temple, Sarangpani temple and Sri Oppiliappan Temple. Our last schedule on the vacation was to go to Sri Kanchi Mutt. The feel I got while I was inside the Mutt is unexplainable. We had a little talk about Maha Periyava with the trustee people and I was so keen to know about him so I decided to get some souvenirs from the Mutt which I could read while travelling.

That night I had dreams of Maha Periyava and I could hear him calling, “Come to me”. I woke up in the middle and saw the clock strike 4.00 am. I could not sleep after that and I was wondering what he was saying. Now the time was 5.30 am and I had to wake my children and wife up to pack things and get ready as my tickets were booked for 8 am. We had our breakfast and we started in the car to go to the bus terminus and bid bye to my mother, father and cousins.

When we were inside the car, I told my wife that I wanted to go to Kanchipuram and visit Sri Kanchi Kamakoti Peetam before going to Chennai. The next minute we changed our plan and decided to go there. At 7.30 am we reached the ticket counter and enquired at what time we get buses to Kanchipuram and they told it was at 8.30 am. 

We couldn’t cancel the tickets to Chennai. We got the bus to Kanchipuram and visited the Mutt. I could feel the positive vibration gushing up my veins. The place was serene and calm. We sat there for an hour and started from there.
When we reached home I switched on the TV and was very shocked to see the news. The bus we had booked to come to Chennai had met with an accident and people were severely injured. I know it was a very tragic incident but still I wonder why I changed the plan. From that day, I surrendered my life to Him and till today the first thing I do after waking up is to see His lotus feet and start my day!
Source: swasthiktv

No comments:

Post a Comment