• Idlis – 15
• Onion – 1
• Capsicum (Bell Pepper) – 1
• Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
• Tomato sauce – 2 tbsp
• Red chili powder – 1 tsp
• Green chili sauce – 2 tsp
• Soy sauce – 1 tsp
• Green chilies – 2
• Corn flour (Corn starch) – 2 tsp
• Curry leaves – 1 sprig
• Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
• Salt – to taste
• Oil – 4 tbsp
• Chop the idlis into big chunks. Chop the onions and capsicum into big chunks and keep it ready.
• Place a griddle/tawa and keep the fire on medium. Arrange the idli chunks only till the griddle holds leaving space between each piece. Drizzle oil around the idli pieces and let it cook till it changes color to a light brown.
• Finish with all the idli pieces and transfer to a plate.
Heat a pan with 2 tbsp oil.
Add onions, sliced green chilies, curry leaves and sauté till the onions turn translucent.
Add chopped capsicum and cook for another 2 mins till it wilts.
Add soy sauce, Green chili sauce, turmeric powder, red chili powder, tomato sauce, salt and mix well.
Add 2 tbsp water and let it cook for 2-3 mins till the oil starts to leave the sides.
Add the shallow fried idli pieces and mix well. In a small bowl, mix together corn flour and 4 tbsp water till there are no lumps.
Pour it over the idli mixture in a sprinkling way. Increase the flame to full and let the mixture cook for 3-4 minutes
Keep mixing well so that the corn flour mixture coats all the pieces well and also get cooked at the same time.
Finally sprinkle the coriander leaves. Give it a final mix and take off stove. Chili idli is ready to be served or packed off in a lunch box.