Total Pageviews

Monday, November 25, 2013

The Paramacharya's Grace


Source: Moments of a lifetime
T.Krishnamurthy, Perambur

I am a retired Superintendent, Roads and Buildings Department in Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh. I hail from Erayur village, Cheyyar taluk of Tiruvannamalai district. My age now is 83 years. I had the good fortune of having the darshan of His Holiness Sri Chandrasekara Saraswati Swamigal, in the year 1989, in a roadside village temple, when I was travelling to Chennai, in a bus from Cheyyar. The bus driver stopped the bus and asked the passengers to have darshan of the Swamiji. I prostrated before Swamiji, and said that I was going to Chennai for settling the marriage proposal of my eldest son. Swamiji blessed me and said, ‘Why are you going to Chennai? Your son’s marriage will be settled in Cheyyar itself, and after marriage he will have a well settled and prosperous life.’. 

I returned from Chennai, where that proposal of marriage for my son did not get settled.

My brother Harinarayanan of Erayur village,Cheyyar Dt., was doing social service, visiting surrounding villages. One day, I happened to follow him to Vakkadai village of Cheyyaar. We met Sri Vakkadai Ramaswami Iyer, landlord and a well known man in the district. In our conversation, my brother introduced me to him and said that I had a boy of marriageable age. He immediately asked for my son’s horoscope and said that he had a garand-daughter for marriage, and he gave me her horoscope.

The horoscopes matched and the astrologer told me that the bride’s horoscope was very good, and that my son will get a promotion and will be posted to a pilgrim centre, within 15 days of his marriage. I settled the marriage. Within 15 days of marriage, my son was posted as Inspector of Excise to Sri Kalahasti, as blessed by Maha Swamigal and as predicted by the astrologer. Now, he has three daughters, all are well educated and settled well.

When I was at Kurnool – after retirement from service, I joined as the manager of a flour mill in an industrial estate on the banks of river Hunari, at Kurnool. In 1984, Swamiji stayed in this mill for 44 days. I had the privilege of serving there during their stay.

Since the year 2002, my sons advised me to take rest, and now I am staying with my second son at Perambur. After settling in Perambur, I became the member of the Kamakoti Sankaracharya Trust. I visit Kanchipuram along with other members, almost every month. When I was introduced by the President of the Sankaralayam Trust to Sri Jayendra Saraswathi Swamigal, he recognized me as Kurnool Krishnamurthy and asked me to do service and seva and blessed me. By the grace of Paramacharyal, all my children are well settled, and I am quite happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment