Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I Lived with God (English) - Part 4 « Thread Started on Mar 9, 2013, 8:06am »


I Lived with God (English) - Part 4



Author: Dr.D.Sundararaman - that son of Doraiswamy Iyer

Part - 4

The next day, when He was going to the River Palar, He asked me to follow him. I was standing near Him in the waters of the river when He was about to have a dip. By then a large number of devotees had gathered on the bank of the river. Then followed a discussion between Him and me for about fifteen minutes, which changed my entire life. It is then and there I received my GEETHOPADESAM from Him.

“Now that you have passed your S.S.L.C. examinations, what are you going to do?” He asked me. My father, two months earlier had undergone hernia operation. His condition was foremost in my mind. I replied to Periaval that I was thinking of taking up a job and take care of my parents. With an enchanting smile he said, “You seem to think that you have answered my question intelligently”, and looked straight at me. I thought He would approve my decision.

Then raising his voice, He went on, “Your father was not created with the hope that you would take care of him. You seem to study well. Get as much of higher education as possible and equip yourself with maximum qualifications and take care of your life”. Then He took a dip in the river. I did not quite understand what He was trying to tell me. I asked “Does Periaval want me to study in a University?”.

“You seemed to have got the message”, quickly came-forth the reply.

With utmost desperation, I told him, “Now Periaval is playing with me and mocking at me; Periaval knows my circumstances. Even if I don’t have to take care of my parents, where will I go for the money needed for four or five years of higher education?”.

“I don’t like your attitude, always self-pitying. Do you know how Hanuman crossed the ocean? You can achieve anything you want to, only if you have self-confidence and faith and work hard towards your objective”. Instantly I remembered Lord Krishna’s everlasting GEETHOPADESAM to his troubled disciple Arjuna. Meanwhile, the visitors at the bank of the river were getting restless. Some complained too within my hearing, “That son of Duraiswamy has been engaging Periaval in some unnecessary arguments.” I did not want to get into trouble with them by taking more of their time. I started going back to the other bank of the river.

But Periaval called me back and asked point-blank, “Do you have faith in me or not?” With tears pouring down to the river, I told Periaval, “I do have faith in you”. “Then, go and get the application from Annamalai University”, He commanded and dismissed me from His presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment